DO’s and DON’T’s Revised Jan 2018
There are copies of the emergency instructions in the folder in the hall and on the website.
This includes a plan of the hall showing the location of fire exits, fire doors, fire extinguishers and the main gas tap.
You should read these before your event.
You should tell your guests what to do if there is an emergency and point out the location of the fire exits before any event begins. These are highlighted in blue in the Emergency Procedures.
Emergency exit signs in the main hall must be switched on at all times (switch on wall to left of door into hall).
You must ensure that the fire exits are not blocked or obstructed at any time both inside and outside the hall in the car park.
No smoking, candles, other naked flames or flammable substances or materials (particularly decorations) are allowed in the hall.
Decorations must not be placed near to or tied to lights or the gas heaters.
Extra heaters must not be used.
Any electrical equipment bought into the hall must be in good condition and used in a safe manner.
Do not attempt to use or repair damaged or faulty Village Hall equipment and report all faults to the Maintenance Officer.
Flexible cables should be so positioned and so protected that they do not constitute a tripping hazard and are not subject to mechanical damage.
Do not cook with fat.
Never leave the hobs unattended when on, and turn off at the wall before cleaning when you have finished cooking.
A sound limiter has been installed to ensure that noise levels are not excessive.
If possible, please keep windows and the entrance doors closed when music is being played.
Extra ventilation can be obtained by opening the windows in the roof upstairs in the annex (opened by using the ropes).
Fire exits must be kept closed at all times.
Please keep noise levels down outside the hall e.g. in the car park at all times but particularly during and at the end of functions.
Do not take alcoholic drinks into the car park.
Any vehicles left overnight must be removed by 10am the following morning.
If the car park is full, guests should park so as not to inconvenience local residents.
ADDITIONAL HAZARDS FOR CHILDREN
Keep children out of the kitchen and store room at all times
If you are not using the mezzanine floor, keep the stair gate closed.
Children should be only be allowed upstairs if supervised by an adult
There are brushes and mops in the cupboard in the entrance hall…please use them.
Mop up spills on the floor as soon as possible.
Always use the chair trolleys to move stacks of chairs—do not drag them around.
Report any equipment failure or damage to the Maintenance Officer as soon as possible.
AT THE END OF YOUR BOOKING PLEASE…..
- Stack all chairs neatly in the annex.
- Stack no more than 5 at a time (to avoid heavy and unsafe stacks) with the backs outwards so that they can be easily moved with the chair trolleys by the next user.
- Fold up any tables used and stack them in the table trolleys.
- Leave the hall in a clean and tidy condition. Remember to sweep the floor.
- Ensure that the work surfaces, oven, heater cabinet and fridges are left clean.
WHEN YOU LEAVE PLEASE…..
- Switch off gas heaters in the hall and the electric heater in the entrance hall.
- Ensure all windows are closed including those upstairs in the annex.
- Check that all taps are turned off including in the toilets.
- Turn off all lights both inside and outside.
- Lock the door.
- Take away all glass bottles and any rubbish that won’t fit in the bins.